The Preschool program is geared toward children from 2 years 9 months to 5 years old. Our program is child-directed and play-based with an emphasis on emergent curriculum. We believe that connecting with children allows us to learn what they are communicating through their behavior. Our role is to support their feelings and to help them gain tools to appropriately express themselves. Children free flow through our indoor and outdoor environments. Our 1 to 4 teacher to child ratio allows us to truly support each child’s emotional, physical and cognitive needs.
Preschool Schedule and Tuition
Morning Preschool Program
8:30am – 1:30pm
The Morning Preschool Program features our unique range of indoor and outdoor spaces with materials and activities for children to freely explore. We offer a 1:4 teacher ratio and cap total enrollment at 36 to ensure that children can be supported in their emotional, social, physical, and mental development. One parent provider will be on site to complement the professional teaching staff.
- Monday through Friday (5 days) – $1300
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday (3 days) – $780
- Tuesday, Thursday (2 days) – $520
Stay and Play After Care
1:30pm – 5:30pm
Stay and Play is designed for families that require child care after the preschool day ends. While Stay and Play embodies the same philosophy as the Preschool Program, it does not feature the full range of activities offered in the Preschool Program. Stay and Play will feature a 1:4 adult to child ratio with at least one teacher and one parent provider pairing up. Parents are welcome to pick-up at any time. Minimum enrollment: 7 children.
- Monday through Friday (5 days) – $694
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday (3 days) – $416
- Tuesday, Thursday (2 days) – $278
Drop-in: $45 per day, subject to availability
Wraparound Child Care
8am-8:30am or 5:30pm-6pm
For working families who need an extended day, Wraparound Child Care is also available to enable early drop-off and/or late pick-up.
- Monday through Friday (5 days) – $260 morning or evening / $520 both
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday (3 days) – $156 morning or evening / $312 both
- Tuesday, Thursday (2 days) – $104 morning or evening / $208 both
Drop-in: $15/$30 per day, subject to availability. Requires 48 hours notice.
Materials Fee: $75 per child per quarter.
Emergency Financial Aid Fee: $75 per child per year.
Families with two or more enrolled children will receive a 5% reduction in tuition for the second child.
Families in the morning preschool program needing financial assistance must fill out a financial aid form with accompanying documentation (e.g., tax returns, pay stubs). Financial aid for 2016-2017 is no longer available, but you may request an application for 2017-2018.
- Attend a school tour.
- Fill out an online application and pay the nonrefundable application fee.
- Upon admission, you will be asked to sign a contract and pay a nonrefundable deposit equivalent to one month’s Child Care Fees, and nonrefundable emergency financial aid and quarterly materials fees.
DIG Childhood Center accepts applications year-round.
After submitting your application, please submit the $75 application fee* (check made out to “Venice Parents Daycare & Preschool”) to:
Venice Parents Daycare & Preschool
11700 National Blvd. L-104
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Or pay via PayPal:
* One per family per school year.