Dig Childhood Center
11700 National Blvd. L-104, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Description, Responsibilities, & Duties
DIG Childhood Center comprises preschool and toddler programs operated by the Venice Parents Daycare and Preschool (VPDP) non-profit organization. It is characterized by its 1:4 teacher to student ratio, the outdoor classroom, child-led learning, and a strong community of teachers, parents, and alumni families. VPDP’s all-volunteer Board of Directors is seeking a preschool teacher to join our team of teachers at DIG Childhood Center.
The preschool teacher will collaborate with colleagues, executive director, and parent participants to ensure a safe and engaging environment for students to grow.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for our children.
- Support the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of children at all times.
- Submit approved bi-weekly time sheets in a timely manner.
- Support daily plans as assigned.
- Attend and participate in mandatory meetings.
- Support various learning experiences and activities for children.
- Submit reports as required by leadership.
- Collaborate with parent providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and events
- Follow emergency procedures and ensure children are safe
- Support the mission of the school.
- Abide by the rules and policies of the school.
- Model appropriate ethical behavior for children, families, colleagues, and leadership.
- Use appropriate channels for problem solving and communication.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Follow established DIG Childhood Center policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Educational Requirements and Experience
- Education: 12 units ECE/CD including core classes OR BA/BS or higher degree.
- Experience: 175 days of 3+ hours teaching within a four year period.
- An understanding of developmental, play-based philosophy.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Sedentary desk tasks.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach children quickly in the event of an emergency situation.
Email resume, philosophy of education statement, and cover letter to email@example.com.